"He said to them, ' Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.'" ~ Mark 16:15

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This is Caitlyn Youngblood and Garrison Bailey speaking from Costa Rica. HOLLA!!!




Hello family and friends and internet creepers! Today was day two of working and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!  It was absolutely the best (and only) day two of a Costa Rica mission trip we have ever had. Firstly, we woke up had a wonderful breakfast, like always, courtesy of the lovely ladies of COSTA RICA! Then we headed to VBS. We were greeted with open arms and smiling faces. Today we experienced love from the children in a truly extraordinary way. I, Caitlyn, had an awesome time hanging out with a man named Angel. Angel had an accident a few years ago when he dove into a river head first that resulted in serious trauma. After making necklaces with all of the children, Angel came up to me and asked to make another necklace. So, I helped him get all of his supplies together and when he finished he gave me the necklace because I hadn't had an opportunity to make one for myself. It was so touching and completely AWESOME. I also got to hold the most precious baby boy while his mom relaxed in the women's ministry. He was so sweet and my heart overflowed with love for these people. The Lord was truly moving through each and every person and child throughout VBS today. Every game and loving moment glorified the Lord in a powerful way. Hello! This is Garrison speaking now, and good news, I'm not injured! GO ME! Today at VBS towards the end of the day after playing with a child who I fell in love with named Jicksom, I had to tell him that I would see him on Thursday and not tomorrow. He replied(in spanish of course) "No, I will see you tomorrow!" Sadly I had to tell him that I would not see him until Thursday and with that remark he replied, "I will see you Thursday! Love you!" I will never forget the way he wrapped his arms around me and told me that. After taking my daily afternoon nap, we went back to work cleaning the church and working on the concrete. I was put in charge of cleaning the windows, which was a lot scarier than you would think. Working on a metal scaffolding during a bad thunderstorm makes you work a little faster than you would've wanted to work. Eventually we decided that my injury streak would not continue because of me being struck my lightening, so we packed up the scaffolding and worked on the inside of the church, still cleaning the windows! DOUGLAS JR.! He is the preachers kid and wanted for me to add him in the blog so I'm just that nice of a person! Now back to Caitlyn,ugh, I mean YEAH! Anyway, about my super awesome day. Well, contrary to popular belief, Caitlyn Youngblood (myself), is the strongest person alive. I dominated some concrete with a hammer for hours. Not really, but other people did. It is so awesome to work with people and we are all so passionate and enthusiastic as we hit rocks for a really long time. (I mean a really long time). My back is killing me and my arms hurt a lot, but the Lord is good and he was glorified and we are all so joyful to work hard for his glory. It was an awesome day and hopefully tomorrow will be just as awesome!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I am the first to respond to this wonderful post..it brought both tears and laughter to hear all about your day. Thank you, Caitlyn and Garrison! You are touching so many lives down there. Have fun today (Wednesday) as you go zip-lining and visiting the Hot Springs. Garrison, I will send extra prayers that you do not get hurt and will continue your safety streak. Sending prayers and love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading all the details. It made me laugh and filled my heart knowing all the good you guys are doing. I hope everyone stays safe and has a good time zip lining today. Whoever writes the post tomorrow can you please let me know how Arden does Zip lining? She was very nervous about it because she gets dizzy and hates roller coasters...thanks! Blessings and prayers to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds like an incredible trip. I can see God at work in all of you and I'm sure He is getting a good laugh at all your antics during the process. I am anxious to hear of you have monkeys zip lining with you today. Have fun. We miss you and love you--especially Stephen. Be careful Garrison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo all the kudos of the lovely ladies ahead of me! I love what both Caitlyn & Garrison shared! Garrison, sooooooooooooo glad you haven't hurt yourself (yet! :) ). It's evident across the thousands of miles how strong the light of God is shining in each & every one of you. Hope you enjoyed just having fun today! We love you & miss you!

    ReplyDelete